Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Sorry it has been a while since I last blogged. The Christmas holidays always bring a busy schedule for me and having the time to just sit and write (type) can be difficult. The house is decorated, presents wrapped...only a few more to buy! Cade had his children's program at church this past Sunday. That always blesses my heart! I do get a little discouraged when I find myself getting so wrapped up in getting everything done that has to be done and not really focusing like I should on the true meaning of Christmas. Yes, I know the true meaning of Christmas and the birth of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. This past Sunday as the children had their play, part of it had been pre-recorded....Cade was a wiseman...and a very cute one, may I add! (*wink*)...a man from our church allowed the children to use his barn and live animals and they portrayed Mary and Joseph going to the stable and Jesus being born and laid in a manger......I stood there one cold evening as they were making their video and watched. All of a sudden the realization of "they are portraying something that really happened" came over me....and it made me very emotional! The night was quiet except for the children saying their lines. There was a certain crispness in the air that night that chilled you to the bone....but for some reason, watching those children didn't make me pay any attention to just how cold it was. The year is coming to an end. As we reflect back on 2009, what do you see...what do you remember and what do you want to forget?? We can't erase the past, it makes us who we are but we can certainly learn from it and make the future a better place....if we choose too!! Why do we allow ourselves to get so bogged down in busy schedules that we don't truly find the ample time to enjoy the holiday season......I have to learn to do this......because I have to admit, that night watching the children, I had had a busy day at work, things needed to be done at home and I really didn't have the time to go and just hang out there for a while.....but God knew I had the time and that I needed it because I was at peace.....I relaxed and I felt good inside. I wish you all could have seen the production those children put on last Sunday night. I was given the opportunity to be apart of the play with them...I portrayed a school teacher who was taking a group of students to the movies to see a show about the birth of Jesus...yet they all had to take notes because there was a report to write afterwards. In the play one little girl was just not "in" to being there....she could care less. By the end of the play....watching the movie and preparing for her report, she found Christ, accepted Him and wanted to live her life for Him. The last song of the program was called "We All Bowed Down"....I had a solo in this song where I sang to the children about how everything around us whispers the Saviour lives...how awesome and holy and a friend to the lonely............at the very end ALL the children bowed down, lowered their heads and I sang the words "And We Bow Down Before You Jesus".....now, seeing all those children bowed and heads lowered really touched everyone!! A standing ovation ended the 2009 Children's Christmas play........and it was well deserved. Take the time to really enjoy...and have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Until Later~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Starla.
I couldn't have described it better! Thanks again for doing your part.
Love,
Amy McNeill