Thursday, December 20, 2012

"Tis The Season

Merry Christmas!  As the temperatures start to drop it is feeling more like Christmas.  The shopping is finished, everything is wrapped and now it's time to sit back but the fire and just relax and coast in to Dec. 25.  Yea, right!!  That sounds good but does it ever happen for any of us like that??  Ha......not for this chick!  It seems Christmas can be a battle sometimes trying to fight the scrudges and the cold crud....after all, who has time to be sick during the holidays????  I tend to get so caught up in the "time of year" that I often need a reality jolt to bring me back to what the season is all about!  This past weekend my children's choir at church did their annual Christmas play/musical.  I directed their songs that went along with the play.  My heart was over joyed at how well they did BUT also at the message they presented.  The birth of Jesus Christ, our Savior!  How Mary must have felt........and like a song I recently sung, "It was not a silent night, there was blood on the ground, you could hear a woman cry in the alleyway that night........but little Mary full of grace, with the tears upon her face, had no mother's hand to hold.  It was a labor of pain, it was a cold sky above, but for the girl on the ground in the dark, with every beat of her beautiful heart, it was a labor of love"..........wow, those words still ring loud and clear in my mind!  Hope it does yours as well.

My stroll down Memory Lane at this time of year brings back the lessons of Christmas I have learned growing up.  Special times, special people, special gifts are all apart of that "stroll" as well.  Friends that have held our hearts so tightly and now are often seen or heard from seem to jump to the forefront of my mind.  I miss them, love them and wish I could talk to them everyday..........and for everyone's lives to be nothing but happiness.

Just add a special prayer that during this time of year as we reflect on so many things in our lives and the year that is coming to an end, we can all find, peace and love!  For those of you that may be reading this that I have not talked to in a while or had the chance to see, like I would like too........always know you are loved!

Merry Christmas and God Bless and look for more "happenings" in 2013 on StarzCorner Blog!

Love To All...... ~~ Until Later

No comments: