Monday, January 11, 2010

Laughter~Great Medicine

Today a friend of mine sent me a text telling me about her weekend.  The date that she had been so anxiously awaiting finally took place.  To her amazement, all this excitement did not quite become the reality she had hoped for.....and in her text she wrote, "I just want to find the perfect man."..... and he wasn't!"  Ok, so when I read that comment, to my amazement I found myself chuckling outloud.  People walking by gave me a funny look and one even said "Someone send you a funny joke?"....... well, yea, because I don't think there is such thing as the perfect man, yet every woman I know (me included) have searched for one.  Oh, I love my husband with all my heart, but, ummmm, to describe him as "perfect"....ummm, well, there are still a few "kinks" I need to work out in him... (*chuckle~more of a snicker*)  I can't help but let my imagination run wild at what the definition to "the perfect man" could possibly be!  I'm still chuckling....you probably are too by this time!  Another friend dropped by the home of a friend...someone she considered a "possible suitor" only to engage in conversation about his ex-wife and last two girlfriends......ok, guys, we do NOT want to hear about your other women!!  Men need to understand that we only want them to talk to us and about us and make us feel like we are the only one in the world that could possibly matter to them!  Ummmm, guess he has never learned that tidbit of extremely important information!

Makes me glad to be married and not in the dating scene.  My husband and I are so use to each other that so many of those things are not as important....now, grant it, I still like to feel I am his center of the universe....does that happen???  Well, not as much as I would like, but I know he loves me and we pretty much complete each others puzzle of life! 

Perfect Man.......I'm still chuckling!  I soooooo needed this laugh!  Is truly  good medicine.  Makes one fill really good inside.  Ahhhh, a natural healing method.......the cost???? Nothing.......but worth millions!  Whatever it takes, take your daily dose of laughter every chance you get!  ~Until later

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Starla my dear friend, I love reading your Blog, You are blessed with this gift to write. You should actually have your own Blog in the Newspaper so everyone can enjoy! :)
One of your Many friends, Paula

LMA said...

I had to laugh at this. I have a friend up in Chicago who's an aspiring author, and we were talking on the phone the other day. One of the members of her critique group is a man, and he always tells her men are "too romantic." Now, I'm a member of her critique group and am not a fan of the romance genre. I don't think her men are too romantic at all ... though I admit they're more romantic than most men I know! I guess T. means most men aren't romantic?

I enjoyed this chuckle, too! Thanks for sharing, and I hope your friend's next date is more to her liking!