Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Oh The Weather Outside is Frightful.....

..... but the fire is so delightful!!  Ok, lets see, what day is it?  Oh yea, it's Feb. 3.  With the snow/ice storm we had this past weekend and being out of work....and basically out of commission, my days are all mixed up for me right now!  I have to admit that it was simply beautiful.  There always seems to be a certain peace when it snows.  It's like the whole world is silent.....just for the moment!  Ok, snow (and ice), you brought out the kid in me.....sledding was a must and as I tackled the hill that you covered so nicely,  I seemed to catch myself in total laughter.....where were the worlds problems?  Ummm, they didn't exist for those precious moments.......thank you snow (and ice---can't leave you out, ice, you seemed to have the final say in our winter storm).  Housework was able to wait, without the inner stress of trying to get it all done on a timeclock that really doesn't exist, but you feel you have to have it done regardless!  Snow, (and ice), you provide opportunities for families to spend time together.....when otherwise they are all going in different directions.  So you see, I do not understand quite so much why people complain when they hear that snow is in our forecast.  There is so much good to found in it......if we just stop and look and realize exactly what it does for us......if for only a few brief moments.  Ok, so I have to add that maybe there was one little "problem" I had with the snow.....well, maybe not so much the snow....but I have to blame something for the soreness I experienced after my sledding escapade! (*wink*).......and, oh, the cabin fever did set in on the third day!  My husband loaded us all up in the truck and we set out on an adventure......we rode to the trash dump.....hey, at this point, I was tickled to death to get out and go ANYWHERE....(*chuckle*).  Everything has now started to melt away and there are very few signs of the snow and ice.  There are a few patches here and there and my Great Grandmother always told me that when snow laid around for three days or more, it was waiting on more to come.......well guess what????  First of all, the groundhog saw his shadow on Feb.2 (not sure how, being it was cloudy outside) and the weatherman said another winter mix is headed our way!  Ok, so lets weigh the positives and the negatives!  I think we can find more positives!  As I look out my window, I see two patches of snow in the distance.........are you truly waiting on more????  You know, I feel I just got winked at......until later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your page, It always brings a smile to my face. Being reminded to always see the positive in things can really change one's day!!!! Hugs from me, "Paula"