Friday, June 18, 2010

Yes, once again, I have let time slip by without writing!  However, life has been busy and I just haven't had the ample time to sit and write and truly reflect on anything in particular. My "baby" (shh don't tell him I said that) turned 9 years old on June 16. I look at him in total amazement.  Time truly does fly and I am so afraid that I will miss out on something......so I take the time to spend with him as much as possible. He is my heart and soul......the best thing that ever happened to me and my life revolves around him.   Doesn't mean I haven't had plenty of thoughts running through my mind....it's just that those thoughts didn't seem important enough to "jot" down.  Baseball season has come and gone.  Cade's team came in first for their league and then won the tournament and were "Season Champs".  He did not make All-Stars this year.  To be honest, we knew he probably would not make it this year....not that he wasn't good enough to make it but you have certain ones that are a "given" to be on All-Stars and then you have those who just make it by chance.  After having our summer tied up in baseball last year, I am kind of glad to have some summer leisure time this year!  Cade was not upset at all......which made me feel better. He was asked by a travel baseball team to play for them this summer but he said he just wanted to have a summer and play with his friends, so we declined!  However, we were very grateful that someone noticed and acknowledged his ability!  THANK YOU to those individual coaches....you made him feel so much better about his baseball ability!

So, moving on into summer....ahh, it is nice to know that there are only a few things that are a "must" for this summer and the rest will be whatever we want.  We have already taken one short vacation with another family to the all time famous Tweetsie Railroad!  What fun we had!  Stepping back into a bit of my past!  I could visualize myself as a little girl again, climbing on the statue horses and letting my imagination take me to the "cowboy days".  I have to admit that on this trip, I did actually climb up on one of the horses......ummm, wasn't quite as EASY as it once was! (chuckle).

I have been walking some in the mornings for some exercise.  Funny how you can notice things for the first time in a place you have lived for almost 13 years.  The signs of summer are in full swing all the way around and I have truly enjoyed taking the time to REALLY notice them....and better yet, appreciate them!  Mama bunny and 2 little babies nibble at the clover along side of our drive way every morning.  In the edge of the woods I can wild blackberry bushes full of red berries....they'll be turning soon!  I'll have to pick some and make a cobbler.  Oh and the honeysuckle......ummmm, smells so sweet, especially on a morning after it has rained the night before.  I am at peace....a total comfort.....only for a moment, but at least I found that place.  So, let the summer stroll on in and let it bring much more "new" things to experience in a place I have lived or been for so many years!  Do as I did (and will continue to try to do)....take the time to really look around you........so much to see in places you would never imagine! ~Until Later

No comments: